We will never stop looking for the next innovative, precision product for the printing, outdoor advertising, vehicle graphics, and signmaking industries. We will never stop listening to what our customers want for their businesses. And we will never stop delivering premier customer service alongside legendary performance.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will mainly provide 1st line remote service to the Summa customers using vinyl cutters in their production environment and 2nd line remote support to our partner’s technicians. As technical expert of the Summa products, you will troubleshoot, repair and install Summa cutters within our small in-house team. Additionally you are responsible to repair/maintain depot service of cutters.
Aiming for customer satisfaction is part of your attitude.
You will mainly be working in our office in Beverly, Boston, but should be available for up to 25% travel, mainly in USA & Canada.
Technician Duties and Responsibilities
· Frontline phone support for Summa Vinyl Roll cutter installations, workflow integration and troubleshooting
· Monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining Summa Vinyl Cutters
· Maintaining QC and certification of loaner inventory upon return to Summa
· Repairing in-operable equipment via our in-house Depot Maintenance
· Performing and analyzing tests to track results and make improvements
· Performing calibrations for Summa cutter components
· Customer oriented, supportive, stress-resistant and empathic
· Able to multitask – handling multiple calls and tasks in parallel - prioritize, and manage time efficiently and independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer friendly and effective
· Strong, creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
· Able to analyze problems, initiate actions, propose and implement solutions
· Strict attention to detail
· Some experience as a technician, technician apprentice, or relevant work experience preferred but not required
· Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
· Knowledge of Graphic Programs such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, FlexiSign are a plus
one to three years of experience
· An enthusiastic, ambitious environment at a growing player in the industry
· A close and cooperative team where each employee is a valued person and no number
· A challenging job with direct and indirect responsibility towards the customers
· An internationally operating company, active in innovative cutting equipment